Sunday, September 12, 2010

You're Making your own Wedding Dress?



But of course!  What else would I do?  Sewing my own wedding dress is the ultimate challenge and will also be the ultimate reward when it is completed.  I have been honing my skills over the past five years for this moment.  Reading about hand-sewing techniques, interlining, boning, hemming, making tiny no-one-can-see-them stiches.  I thought it would be a great idea to document the making of my wedding dress since it will be mostly a learning process and a great way for curious friends and family to see how I am progressing.  I surely will make most of my mistakes with the "practice" gown, and hopefully making the final dress will go much smoother.

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to meeting beautiful you at the altar in your beautiful dress!

    ReplyDelete