Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Dream Pattern Number One

This is the pattern I chose over a year ago from the Vintage Vogue Series.  This beautiful gown is out-of-print now and I got mine second-hand at the time I purchased it.  If you look closely, I think the model in the illustration resembles Grace Kelly and she is freakishly tall with a nipped-in waist only contributing to my distorted fantasy of how awesome this will look on me.  Thank goodness for spandex lingerie!  I also love how this gown does not have a dramatically swaying train, but instead the back of the gown is just slightly longer than the front and will gently sweep the floor.

1 comment:

  1. I stumbled upon your blog when I was trying to find a picture of the pattern I used for my prom dress back in 2000! This is the dress! I'm not sure if you've made it yet, but its an absolutely beautiful pattern and dress. I still love it and have kept my prom dress after all of these years - maybe someday I'll have somewhere to wear it! I'd love to know how its turned out if you've made it yet.

    Best Regards,
    M. Farris

    ReplyDelete